Listening to: Vivian Green
Life is all about learning! Learning about the little things! Learning from all your mistakes! Learning about those that you thought would have your back but turned out they didn’t! Learning about the people that you pushed aside only to realize that they are the ones that would always be there for you. Life is about falling but knowing when to get back up and fight! Fight for what you believe in! Fight for your dreams! Let go of negative people and surround yourself with only positive people and just watch how your life changes around you! Practice kindness. Smile lots. Love deeply! Love yourself!
Life has definitely been full of surprises, heartache, happiness and a lot of stuff in between. I have learned from every situation. It has made me even stronger, but it hasn’t stopped me from doing my best or striving to have the best for me in my life!
💕💕Thanks for Stopping By💕💕
Nobody has a perfect life. Everybody has their own problems. Some people just know how to deal with it in a perfect way. Life can bring on so many challenges and changes. How we choose to deal with them and learning from them, is up to us. I personally have to Thank God for bringing me so much growth, change, happiness, peace, wisdom, guidance and strength.
“Our Negative Coping Behaviors”
There are many possible negative things that can happen to us in a day—from the little things like coffee spilling, being caught in a traffic jam, losing our keys, having people criticize you, to the bigger mishaps like getting into a car accident, losing our valuables, breaking up from relationships, or losing our jobs etc.
Whenever something bad happens to us, it’s easy for us to slip into one of the following behaviors:
Self-victimization. We ask ourselves “Why is this happening to me? Why am I so unlucky? Why doesn’t this happen to anyone else? It’s not fair!”
Reacting in anger. We lash back at the situation, or even people around us, for what’s happening.
Self-blame. We make self-depreciating comments like “Why am I so stupid to have done that?” “Only someone like myself can make such a dumb mistake.”
Slipping into depression. For those of us who have faced cases of depression before, we might fall back if we’re not careful at managing our emotions.
Dejection or giving up. We lose hope, or worse still, we give up. We decide it’s not worth it, that life is out to get us, and we should just stop trying altogether.
“9 Tips to Cope With Negative Situations”
The thing is, as long as you live in this world, you are subjected to the same chaos, the ups and downs, the good and bad, the positives and the negatives of life. You are not the only person facing this.
What sets you apart from others though, is how you choose to deal with this situation. Here are 9 steps to cope with bad situations and create something good out of them:
1. Release your frustrations. Don’t bottle them out because you might just implode. Talk to a friend about it. A listening ear does wonders. Go exercise and release the tension. Journal it out.
2. Realize you are not alone. No matter what you may think, you’re not alone in this. Somewhere around the world, someone else is thinking the exact same thing as you. Someone out there is feeling down and out too, wondering why she is experiencing this. Knowing it’s not just you helps you to get out of a self-victimizing mindset.
3. Being frustrated isn’t going to solve anything. The problem will still remain whether you go berserk at it or whether you think about it calmly. The former will create more problems as your agitation prevents you from making good decisions.
4. Know you always have a choice. Realize no matter what happens, you always have a choice in how you react. While you may not be able to control what happens to you, you can most certainly control your behaviors. You can face the worst things in the world, but if you make the choice not to let yourself be affected by them, you won’t be.
5. Objectify it. An incident is an incident; we’re responsible for the feelings attached. Remove the feelings and look at the situation objectify. This will help us cope a lot better.
6. Focus on what you can do. Action creates empowerment. It brings possibilities. It creates results. By taking action, you are no longer a passive recipient. You are a conscious creator.
7. Ask for help if you need to. It’s okay to ask for help if it makes the situation easier. Remember, you are not alone in this (#2).
8. See it as an obstacle to be overcome. Life is a journey of learning and growth, and everything happens for a reason. Obstacles are the things stopping you from getting your goals, and if you keep overcoming these obstacles, you’ll eventually get what you want.
9. Identify the lesson learned. There are always things to be learned from every situation. For me, I learned to rigorously back-up everything I’m doing now—even saving files in different versions so I can still recover the last version if the latest version ever gets destroyed.
No matter what bad stuff life throws your way, as long as you cope with it constructively, nothing can get you down.
How Do You Cope With Negative Situations?
What has been useful for you? Feel free to share with everyone in the comments area below.
” Never give up or lose faith in something that you know God has placed in your life. Be patient and remember there is a time for everything.”
Sometimes we have things that are placed in our lives that are there for us to accomplish or get through. We have to remember that it don’t always happen right when we think it should. It takes Hard Work and Growth to get there in some cases. In that we have to remember that God placed it there for a reason, and it is up to us to keep our Faith and not lose sight. Patience goes a long way. It is frustrating at times but as stated before it’s a Time for Everything to Happen. In God’s Time is Always the Best Time…
Mac Cosmetics: Blush Fleur Power
Bronzer: Gold Deposit
Mascara: Colossal Express Volume by Maybelline
Lipstick: Fresh Brew
Accessories bracelets and earrings by Bebe2b