This is a great read by PositiveMed that I’m sharing. One of the ways of staying healthy and living happy is to make better choices for ourselves. After my surgery for my illness hyperthyroidism and Graves’ disease, I made it my business to learn how to handle stressful situations and not allowing stressful people and or things get to me. In this read it talks about our choices we make that later may come back to haunt us, in the form of regrets. This emotion regret is a negative conscious and emotional reaction to personal past acts and behaviors. Wishing we would have done things differently, blaming ourselves for bad outcomes.
Regrets will keep us trapped in the past, ignoring the present. Hold us back from taking chances. Keeping us blaming ourselves for mistakes that we made, when in the end of it all no one is perfect but God. I think the best way to cope with them would be to accept, if you have any, learn and move forward with your life.
10 Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years
Regret is often the bitterest pill to swallow, and regret is a painful emotion that often gets worse over time, rather than better. To avoid feeling regret someday, here are ways to steer clear of this destructive mental state:
1. Don’t let someone else dictate your dreams. In order to live a full and happy life, you have to be authentically you. Never allow someone else to tell you what career path to follow, or whom to love. Allow yourself to know what you enjoy and what makes you happy, and then make sure you are free to do so. Don’t be afraid of being misunderstood by others – the only person that really needs to understand what you are doing is you.
2. Be careful of the company you keep. Even if you aren’t worried about losing your reputation by surrounding yourself by bad people, negative people they will inevitably be a negative influence on your spirits. Instead, open your life and make room for the people who make you feel good about yourself, your life and goals and who will be a positive influence.
3. Stop faking it. You should never have to hide your true self in this world, especially if it is to make others think better of you. Being authentic to yourself allows you to fully enrich all aspects of your personality.
4. Keep growing. Learn something new, however small, every day. This keeps you from missing out on new opportunities.
5. Never give up. Learn to see set-backs as lessons, not failures and use the lesson to grow.
6. Be kind, Always. The most painful regrets often involve critical words, ego clashes or selfishness. Remember that kindness is what makes people missed, not cruelty.
7. Don’t procrastinate – It goes faster than you think. Never assume you have an unlimited number of tomorrows. Get started on your dreams now!
8. Take responsibility. Be an adult, admit your faults and weaknesses, and make the changes to get your life and maturity in order.
9. Don’t settle. If you know you deserve better, move on. Period.
10. Let the little things slide. There are enough big problems in this world. Don’t borrow worry.
In life we all are faced with regrets some linger, some go away after time. Look at yourself lovingly and turn things around. Embrace your mistakes and know you are not perfect. 🌸Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week.🌸