Never waste your words on those people in your life who only deserve your silence. Because sometimes, the greatest show of strength is to say nothing at all.
Pain can be a gift. Anything that tries to bring you down, that hurts, use it as fuel, use it make you a stronger person.
Sometimes situations that bring us pain like death, illness, any major life changes, things and or ones that hurt us the most can be a Blessing. Sometimes it takes us to go through something major to get where God wanted us to be or to be doing. We turn things around by using it in a positive way to move forward and get what was intended for us. We can use it to become stronger and wiser. I have had many personal life experiences that have sparked a fire in me to do better and go for more. Which have pushed me to go hard and by reaching my goals I have set for myself.
Nobody has a perfect life. Everybody has their own problems. Some people just know how to deal with it in a perfect way. Life can bring on so many challenges and changes. How we choose to deal with them and learning from them, is up to us. I personally have to Thank God for bringing me so much growth, change, happiness, peace, wisdom, guidance and strength.
“Our Negative Coping Behaviors”
There are many possible negative things that can happen to us in a day—from the little things like coffee spilling, being caught in a traffic jam, losing our keys, having people criticize you, to the bigger mishaps like getting into a car accident, losing our valuables, breaking up from relationships, or losing our jobs etc.
Whenever something bad happens to us, it’s easy for us to slip into one of the following behaviors:
Self-victimization. We ask ourselves “Why is this happening to me? Why am I so unlucky? Why doesn’t this happen to anyone else? It’s not fair!”
Reacting in anger. We lash back at the situation, or even people around us, for what’s happening.
Self-blame. We make self-depreciating comments like “Why am I so stupid to have done that?” “Only someone like myself can make such a dumb mistake.”
Slipping into depression. For those of us who have faced cases of depression before, we might fall back if we’re not careful at managing our emotions.
Dejection or giving up. We lose hope, or worse still, we give up. We decide it’s not worth it, that life is out to get us, and we should just stop trying altogether.
“9 Tips to Cope With Negative Situations”
The thing is, as long as you live in this world, you are subjected to the same chaos, the ups and downs, the good and bad, the positives and the negatives of life. You are not the only person facing this.
What sets you apart from others though, is how you choose to deal with this situation. Here are 9 steps to cope with bad situations and create something good out of them:
1. Release your frustrations. Don’t bottle them out because you might just implode. Talk to a friend about it. A listening ear does wonders. Go exercise and release the tension. Journal it out.
2. Realize you are not alone. No matter what you may think, you’re not alone in this. Somewhere around the world, someone else is thinking the exact same thing as you. Someone out there is feeling down and out too, wondering why she is experiencing this. Knowing it’s not just you helps you to get out of a self-victimizing mindset.
3. Being frustrated isn’t going to solve anything. The problem will still remain whether you go berserk at it or whether you think about it calmly. The former will create more problems as your agitation prevents you from making good decisions.
4. Know you always have a choice. Realize no matter what happens, you always have a choice in how you react. While you may not be able to control what happens to you, you can most certainly control your behaviors. You can face the worst things in the world, but if you make the choice not to let yourself be affected by them, you won’t be.
5. Objectify it. An incident is an incident; we’re responsible for the feelings attached. Remove the feelings and look at the situation objectify. This will help us cope a lot better.
6. Focus on what you can do. Action creates empowerment. It brings possibilities. It creates results. By taking action, you are no longer a passive recipient. You are a conscious creator.
7. Ask for help if you need to. It’s okay to ask for help if it makes the situation easier. Remember, you are not alone in this (#2).
8. See it as an obstacle to be overcome. Life is a journey of learning and growth, and everything happens for a reason. Obstacles are the things stopping you from getting your goals, and if you keep overcoming these obstacles, you’ll eventually get what you want.
9. Identify the lesson learned. There are always things to be learned from every situation. For me, I learned to rigorously back-up everything I’m doing now—even saving files in different versions so I can still recover the last version if the latest version ever gets destroyed.
No matter what bad stuff life throws your way, as long as you cope with it constructively, nothing can get you down.
How Do You Cope With Negative Situations?
What has been useful for you? Feel free to share with everyone in the comments area below.
I received this wonderful email from Mrs. Heather Von St. James. Her touching story brought me to tears and smiles, because God is so good! I couldn’t wait to share this with you all. I Thank You and your family Heather for picking my blog to share your Inspirational story. You are a strong woman……….
The reason I have reached out to you is because of your blog! I am 44 and a mother to a quirky little 7 year old, Lily. She is my only child, and my whole world. When Lily was just 3 1/2 months old, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills most people within 2 years. As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to mind when I was diagnosed was my baby girl and how I wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up.
After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here 7 years later and cancer free! My journey with cancer was a terrifying one and I’d like to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own. My husband and I recently participated in a short video about my experience with cancer and I contacted you because I feel that your blog would be an excellent place to share. I’m hoping to use this video as a tool to raise awareness of this horrible little known cancer that is such a deadly killer (and sadly, 100% preventable).
I would love it if you would be willing to share my video on your blog with your readers. Here is the link to my video: http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather
Let me know what you think!
Women has strength that amazes men. She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens. She hold happiness, love and opinions. She smiles when she feels like screaming. She is happy and loves when she is afraid her love is unconditional. There is only one thing wrong with her. She sometimes forget she is worth praise in her personality in every shape as a mother, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a teacher, a
Mac Cosmetics: Lipstick: Fresh brew
Bronzer: Give Me The Sun
Eye shadow: Arenas
Mascara: Colossal by Maybelline Perfume: Body by Burberry
Coach: Sandals and Backpack
feel your BEAUTY and OWN IT!©
A great WordPress.com site
Know What We Want. Think About It. Feel The Excitement Of It Being Here. Put Effort Towards It. Be Thankful For It...And Then It Is Here.
Sherlock unlocking the past
T.I.S.H. WORLD NEWS
a Blog by Ashley Simpo
Welcome to our site. We hope you'll enjoy our pictures, photos and poetry and find inspiration from our ramblings.
Read? Share? Comment? firstname.lastname@example.org
...where the mind is without fear
A home for legit sites and recommendations
A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.
Mindful Teachings & Keynotes
Sharing my Random Thoughts about being Positive, Following Your Dreams, and How I See things. I love to write and simply hope that my words may one day help someone.
Lifestyle, MakeUp, Hair, Nails, Beauty, Fashion & More
Beauty Says Otherwise
Beauty, Makeup & Skin Care
A Rhode Island based Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog by Becky Freeman
Tips, information, and careful reviews for a more BEYOUTIFUL YOU ♥
beauty, makeup, tutorial, review
Nail Artist and Beauty Blogger
Canadian fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog
never believe anyone who says you don't deserve what you want..
The life of PASSION