Yogurt’s got power-boosting protein and bone-building calcium. It can also help you lose weight and fend off a cold. Yogurt is not only a healthy snack, it can be used for different things as well. Here are some:
Make a facial mask
You don’t have to go to a spa to give your face a quick assist. To cleanse your skin and tighten the pores, slather some plain yogourt on your face and let it sit for about 20 minutes. For a revitalizing facial mask, mix 1 teaspoon plain yogourt with the juice from 1/4 slice of orange, some of the orange pulp and 1 teaspoon aloe. Leave the mixture on your face for at least five minutes before rinsing it off.
Make moss “paint”
Wouldn’t it be nice to simply paint some moss between the cracks of your stone walkway, on the sides of flowerpots or anywhere else you want it to grow? Well, you can. Just dump a cup of plain active-culture yogourt into your blender along with a handful of common lawn moss and about a cup of water. Blend for about 30 seconds. Use a paintbrush to spread the mixture wherever you want moss to grow—as long as the spot is cool and shady. Mist the moss occasionally until it gets established.
For quick, temporary relief of mild sunburn, apply cold plain yogurt. The yogourt adds much needed moisture while its coolness soothes. Rinse with cool water.
Make finger paint
Ready for some messy rainy-day fun? Mix food colouring with yogourt to make finger paints and let the little ones go wild. You can even turn it into a lesson about primary and secondary colours. For example, have the kids put a few drops of yellow food colouring and a few drops of blue in the yogourt to make green finger paint. Or mix red and blue to produce purple.
Cure animal flatulence
If your pet has been a bit odoriferous lately, the problem may be a lack of the friendly digestive bacteria that prevents gas and diarrhea. The active culture in plain yogourt can help restore the helpful bacteria. Add 2 teaspoons yogourt to the food for cats or small dogs weighing up to 14 lbs (6 kg). Add 1 tablespoon for medium-sized dogs weighing 15-34 lbs (7-15 kg). Add 2 tablespoons for large dogs weighing 35-84 lbs (16-38 kg). Add 3 tablespoons for dogs larger than that.
More good benefits of eating yogurt are:
1.Yogurt can give you flat abs. Eating 18oz a day you can drop a jeans size.
2. Most brands of yogurt contain good-for-you bacteria.
3. Yogurt is loaded with vitamins.
4. A cup of yogurt a day can help you recover faster after a workout.
5. Not all yogurt is equal when it comes to calcium and vitamin D. . “The levels can vary widely from brand to brand, so you really need to check the label.”
6. Yogurt may prevent high blood pressure.
7. A daily serving of yogurt keeps colds away.
8. Yogurt can help your smile. Despite its sugar content, yogurt doesn’t cause cavities.
9. Raw doesn’t mean better. Virtually all the yogurt in your grocery store has been pasteurized — that is, exposed to high temperatures to kill any harmful pathogens.
10. Yogurt is a high-protein food. Yogurt can be an excellent source of protein, but “one variety may contain more than double the protein of another.”
What to Look For in a Yogurt
Forget the fancy promises. To find a healthy yogurt that’s low in calories, fat, and sugar, follow as many of these guidelines as you can.
Per 6-ounce serving:
Calories: 100 to 150 (if you’re snacking, stick to the lower end)
Fat: 3.5 grams or less (low-fat or nonfat)
Saturated fat: 2 grams or less
Protein: at least 8 to 10 grams
Sugar: 20 grams or less
Calcium: at least 20 percent of the daily value
Vitamin D: at least 20 percent of the daily value
What are some of your favorite brands of yogurt? I love yogurt and am enjoying my favorite flavor now, strawberry by Yoplait! Keep healthy and stay positive. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
Wearing “Honey Love” Lipstick by MAC ❤💋